Limited One-Year Warranty
DOWNLOAD the PDF version
Upstate Door Inc. (Upstate) strives to produce superior quality doors that are engineered and designed specifically for each individual customer. Our products are intended to stand the test of time under normal conditions and use with proper handling, installation, finishing and on-going care.
Subject to the terms and conditions contained in paragraphs (I) through (VI) below, Upstate warranties all of our products "for (1) year" from the original date of delivery of the product against: (a) defects in workmanship, (b) defects in materials and (c) door warping. In the event of a covered warranty claim, Upstate will, at our discretion: (a) repair the affected product; (b) replace the affected product in its original state of purchase; or (c) refund the purchase price of the original product. Call or Email our Custom Door Experts to assist you.
I. LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
- Upstate is not responsible for the removal, reinstallation or refinishing of any product other than the original state the product was sold in.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to keep accurate records of proper maintenance (according to the manufacturer of the finishing agent chosen), including, but not limited to, dated receipts and pictures.
- Upstate does not warranty any products that have not been installed in accordance with Upstate's installation instructions.
- Damage caused by an event within the coverage of any insurance or casualty policy of the customer is excluded from warranty.
- Additional limitations and exclusions may apply in some custom applications.
- Defect in materials do not include checks or splits within a 1/32" x 3" tolerance.
- The natural characteristics of wood movement cannot be warrantied, as slight shrinking and expansion may occur under certain conditions.
- Only the products meeting the following stile & rail standards, on-flat dimensions are covered by this warranty. All other products are sold "as is."
Dimensions are as follows:
The following are excluded from warranty:
1. Doors wider than 42" and/or taller than 96".
2. Interior doors less than 1 3/8" thick or exterior doors less than 1 ¾" thick.
3. Interior Pocket, full glass, or full panel doors without stave core stiles.
4. Doors containing solid wood panels wider than 14". Upstate standards dictate that panels shall be made using Extira/MDF cores, wood edge-banding and veneered faces to reduce the amount of movement in the panels.
11. DOOR WARPING
Door warping is not considered a defect unless it exceeds one of the following guidelines:
- The warp is greater than ¼" in doors that are 1 3/8", 1 ¾" or 2 ¼" thick and up to 42" wide and 84" tall.
- The warp is greater than 3/8" in doors that are 1 ¾" to 2 ¼" thick and up to 42" wide and 84" to 96" tall.
- The following are excluded from any warranty for door warping, bowing or twisting:
- A flush door that contains different wood species (split finish) of face veneers and/or planks on each side.
- The door has product/material applied to the face (i.e. mirrors, chalkboards, clothes hangers, etc.).
- The door was not completely finished/sealed with at least two (2) coats of paint, approved sealer, or varnish on all surfaces of the door, including hinge pockets and all machined surfaces, within one (1) week of delivery.
- Screen/storm doors are not warrantied against warp, bow or twist.
- Note – Door warping refers to the door itself, not to the appearance of the door hanging in relation to the jamb. Please see the "How to check for door warpage" worksheet and video to find out more
111. VOIDING WARANTY
This warranty shall terminate, and Upstate shall have no further obligation under this warranty if any of the following occur:
- The door/product is not finished, painted, or sealed within one (1) week from delivery of the items.
- All surfaces of the door/product are not finished, painted or sealed, including the top edge, bottom edge, front, back, door side edges and under/behind all hardware and weather seals (all 6 sides).
- The customer accepts delivery of the product (formal acceptance is not required) and chooses to keep the product for more than 30 calendar days with reasonably obvious nonconformity and/or damage including any and all machining.
- An Exterior door is not protected by an adequate overhang. An adequate overhang is determined by the distance from the bottom of the door/sill to the underside of the overhang (face height). To conform to this warranty, the overhang must project a minimum of one half of the face height dimension. See the Upstate Door installation instructions for more information.
- The door is trimmed more than ¼" from either side, ¼" from the top, or 1" from the bottom.
- The door has been finished with a distressed and/or sandblasted surface.
- The door is finished with dark paint or stain or with inadequate, excessive, or neglected finish.
- The door is exposed to the elements prior to being properly finished. (Factory priming is not a proper finish).
- The distributor, contractor or end customer attempts to repair the product or alters the product in any way without written consent from an authorized Upstate representative.
- An interior door is exposed to adverse or improper conditions, including but not limited to, installation directly in front of a heating or air conditioning duct, in a high humidity area such as a pool house or steam room, or in areas of extreme temperature variation, etc.
- The door is damaged due to inadequate ventilation caused by the use of a storm door system. Excessive heat buildup will damage the door and is not covered under this warranty.
- The door is damaged because of carelessness or negligence of the distributor, contractor or end customer.
- Any modifications made to the product or misuse of the product that Upstate deems in its sole discretion to be the cause of the alleged product failure, will void this warranty.
- The door was shipped outside of the continental United States.
- Damage is caused by extreme environmental conditions or outside forces such as pressure washing damage.
- The one (1) year warranty term has expired.
Note – Natural wood color variations and/or wood texture variations are not considered to be defects.
IV. WARRANTY CLAIMS
Immediately upon discovering any nonconformity and/or damage to the product, which is believed to be covered by warranty, you must:
- Email or mail a detailed written description with photos of the nonconformity and/or damage to an authorized representative from the distributor you purchased the product from or directly to Upstate Door Inc.
- All warranty claims must be submitted in writing within one (1) year of the original date of delivery.
- Send accompanying photographs of the nonconformity and/or damage to the product. Please ensure the photos are not blurry and that they clearly identify the problem to avoid delay of the process.
- Please see Upstate Door warranty claims link on the website for further details.
V. EXPRESS LIMITATION
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS GIVEN IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR USE, OR OTHERWISE. OUR LIABILITY IN THE EVENT OF BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHERWISE IS STRICTLY LIMITED TO REFUND OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OR REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. IN NO EVENT SHALL UPSTATE BE LIABLE FOR INCEDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AS DEFINED IN THE UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE. THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE VOID IF OUR PRODUCT IS USED OR MODIFIED IN A MANNER OTHER THAN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED BY US.
Formal acceptance of this warranty is not required. By accepting delivery of the product, the customer is also accepting the terms and conditions of the Upstate Door Inc. limited warranty.